A typical day in my high-paying corporate job: showed up at 8. I worked until about 8:45. I then cut my coupons, updated my Facebook page, sent emails to all my girlfriends, went to lunch. . .worked for another hour or so. . .played on Pinterest, made lists of errands and household chores, called my mom and then left at 5. There were periods of insanity - working 60-70 hours/week - but there were always the extended "down times" between.
To some people, dream job. To me, boredom is the devil. I fight with Brandon more. I become obsessive about stupid details. I am a general nutball. Even more so than normal.
So, I changed careers. I now work for a tiny construction company and I don't have time to breathe, much less tweet about the latest smut gossip. I got what I wanted. Boredom is a loooong lost ideal. Now I spend a lot more on groceries and I haven't had a single spare minute to plan my year-long sailing trip, but overall I am happier.
So what is better? The feast or the famine.
I'm sure there is a middle ground. And since Brandon is a total workaholic and will go days without spending any significant amount of time at home, I need to find it for the sake of this family.
No comments:
Post a Comment