Brandon is sponsoring a realtor award banquet this weekend. I would rather slit my wrists than attend it. I told him as much.
Now, one thing to know about my husband is that he rarely gets upset. He is pretty much emotionally dead inside. So when he got all kinds of pissed off about me not going to this thing with him, I knew better than to engage in a battle. He's a very smart, Harvard-trained attorney and when he wants to argue with me, he usually wins. And it is not pretty. Lots of crying, raised voices and usually ends with me locked in the bathroom.
The theme of this shindig is "cowboy formal". WTF.
I have literally nothing that can pass for western wear. And the one formal dress I own got ripped on New Years Eve.
It's supposed to be fun. Seriously. He said that to me.
So this evening I will be hunting for cowboy boots and a cocktail dress. If I have to suffer through this, I'm going to get a new outfit. And it ain't gonna be cheap. I'll post a pic if I can stomach it.
No comments:
Post a Comment